Creating The Perfect Resume
Hiring Managers are busy people and do not have the time to search a resume for the key qualifications they are seeking in candidates. A good resume will have a concise career summary at the beginning which tells the Hiring Manager how well qualified you are for the position you are seeking.
Tips for writing An Effective Cover Letter
- Address your cover letter to a named individual when possible.
- Your first paragraph should grab your reader’s attention.
- Highlight your major accomplishments (no more than three or four).
- Focus on and clearly explain the reasons you are the best candidate for the opportunity for which you are applying.
- Never include any negative information in your cover letter.
- Your letter should end with a request for an interview.
- Cover letters should be no more than a single page and should be free of mistakes.
Don't Forget ...
Check spelling and grammar!
Interesting Reads and Other Information
The No. 1 Way To Nail A Job Interview