Creating The Perfect Resume
Hiring Managers are busy people and do not have the time to search a resume for the key qualifications they are seeking in candidates. A good resume will have a concise career summary at the beginning which tells the Hiring Manager how well qualified you are for the position you are seeking.
Tips for writing An Effective Cover Letter
- Address your cover letter to a named individual when possible.
- Your first paragraph should grab your reader’s attention.
- Highlight your major accomplishments (no more than three or four).
- Focus on and clearly explain the reasons you are the best candidate for the opportunity for which you are applying.
- Never include any negative information in your cover letter.
- Your letter should end with a request for an interview.
- Cover letters should be no more than a single page and should be free of mistakes.
Don't Forget ...
Check spelling and grammar!
Interesting Reads and Other Information
We found these articles and companies extremely relevant and helpful to job seekers wanting to success in landing the perfect opportunity in the current job market.
The No. 1 Way To Nail A Job Interview
Find Freelance Opportunities with Upwork
How To Handle Counteroffers
How To Ask For A Raise In 2018, According To The Professionals